Carpe Diem

'Carpe Diem' is a Latin phrase that means "seize the day" ..a month back there was a training I attended and the trainer there mentioned that  in mountaineering most accidents happen when you descend, reason being the mountaineer becomes more careless thinking that these are roads he has trekked before. 
 When the trainer said that, an image passed my mind , a close family friend expired some time back and his demise was a freak accident that occurred when he was in one of his treks, he reached the peak safely but when he reached there, he jumped of joy ,  that led to his demise as that caused an avalanche.
Very recently a friend introduced me to this term Carpe Diem and somehow all these remote experiences  connected through this one word.   
Life is short for some and its really prolonged for others ...What you make of it in this moment is what defines it. I choose to remember my friend for that one moment that  he leaped in joy. 
Hope this blog touches you deeply and I hope our strengths move to the family of my friend.



4 comments:

  1. Very Nice Blog... A true fact explained a simple manner without any exaggerations. Really worth a Praise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely believe in the POWER OF NOW! Length of Life is not in our hands but the depth is! Make the most of it NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed!I also believe in living each day afresh and remembering things of past in positive aspects.

    ReplyDelete